So you have started an EzyFleet demo – congratulations and thanks for giving us a go!
This guide will get you logged into the “Dispatch Client” and the vehicle and get you to create, accept and complete a booking. More detailed information can be found for the whole system at http://ezyfleet.com/documentation
- Firstly you will need the latest version of “Java” on your machine to run the dispatch client. You can download this from the following location:
Simply click on the “Free Java Download” button to get started. The site has its own help if you need any instructions to install Java.
- Once you have Java installed please find the information you will need in the email we sent you (just below the link to this page):
- Click on the “download link” next to “Dispatch Software” in the email and this will allow you to download the dispatch client program. Open this program once it is finished downloading. This will lead you through the installation process. If you need it you can find more detailed instructions on the installation steps here: http://ezyfleet.com/dispatch-client-installation/
- Once this installation has finished start the dispatch client by double clicking on the following icon that would have been installed onto your Windows desktop
- When the program has started log in using the dispatch username and the password you used initially to sign up and create the fleet
- The client will take a while to connect. Once your fleet has connected please click on the “3 Dispatch” tab shown below. This shows the current dispatch status of your fleet. This is probably the tab you will spend most of your time on in the dispatch client since you can see the status of both bookings and vehicles.
- Press the “F2” key on the keyboard. This will open a window to allow you to enter a new booking. Enter an address in the pickup fields. You can enter other details if you wish but the pickup field is the minimum you need. Note that depending on your country the “Area” fields may only show North, South, East, West or Central. Just pick one for now and you can make these areas make more sense to your specific location later.
- Once a pickup address has been entered press the “F6” key. This may ask you if you wish to create a new street if this is one that it does not yet know about. Click the button “Street”
- Now click on the “Job Cover” tab and you will see that your booking is now sitting in the queue ready to be dispatched. Congratulations you have created your first booking with EzyFleet! Next we need to get someone to do the booking.
- To be able to do the booking we need to get the EzyFleet software onto an Android device. To do that go to the following location on The Google Play store https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.celltrack.android.taxiapp or search for EzyFleet on the store and then install the EzyFleet app. If you need any help during the installation of the app please refer to the following documentation: http://ezyfleet.com/installation-of-the-ezyfleet-android-vehicle-software/
- Once you have installed the EzyFleet app and started it you will be presented with the screen below asking for a “Fleet Key”. This is the unique number for each vehicle that identifies the fleet and vehicle. The number for your first vehicle is given in the email in the section we circled earlier. Eg for the image above it was the “First Vehicle Key” and was 123456. Click the “Continue to Enter the Key” button, enter the number from your email and then click the “Next” button. Note that all the other vehicle keys for your vehicles are shown at the bottom of your email or they can also be seen on the “Links and Vehicle Keys” page on Fleet Management.
- You should then see a screen that is requesting a “User Name”. This would be the username of the driver and to get you started we have created a “test” driver for you and you can find the username and password specified at the top of you email (see image below for an example). Please use that information to enter the user name, press the “Next” button and then enter the password and press the “Login” button.
- Almost immediately upon logging into the app you should be offered the booking that you created above. Accept this booking by pressing the large thumbs up button on the offer screen.
- In a few seconds you should be shown the information on the booking that you created. This will include the pickup address and the time that the booking was created. If you had entered any other information this would also be shown.
Note that the dispatch client now shows the booking in the “In Progress” tab and shows as brown and “Booked” to indicate that it has been accepted by a vehicle:
- Lets assume you have driven to the pickup point and picked up the passenger. You now need to click on the “Engaged” button to let the system know that you have started the booking.
The dispatch system now shows the booking as blue and “Engaged”:
- You then proceed to where the passenger wants to go and drop them off. You then click the button to “Disengage”.
- You are then presented with a “Fare” screen where you can enter both how much the fare was and how much was paid.
- Enter the value that would have been on the meter and then click “Save”. You will then be able to add any extras or tolls if needed. For now click “Save” again and the app will ask you how it was paid.
- Finally you need to enter the amount that was paid. This may be more than the “fare” amount if there was a tip. You can also enter in multiple different methods of payment if some was paid on account and some was paid with cash for example
- Note that entering in the amounts from the meter and how it was paid can save you a lot of time later since EzyFleet has a lot of reporting features that use this information. Eg you can even generate and email invoices directly to account customers or pay drivers based on the end-of-shift reports. These fare related reports are covered in more detail at http://ezyfleet.com/docket-killer/ if you want more information.
- The dispatch client shows the booking in the completed tab – Congratulations you have done your first booking!
- There are many more features in EzyFleet so have a bit of a play with the system and all the features and options are covered in detail in our documentation at http://ezyfleet.com/documentation/